2006-12-01

Milan - La Belle Aurore - Vasectomy couple

30something images here

in this SLIDESHOW

Gallery of thumbnails



I went to " la belle aurore to check my email again.

the owner / bartender keeps asking what camera should he bu -
he has already some 700 euro Leica digital .
he says i am cool and he does not charge me -
not that a 2 euro glass of good italian red would break my piggy bank.

closing time he shuts the gate and everyone starts smoking.

take some pictures -
of italian bitters.
Jägermeister is way too sweet even when chilled -
so I go for the alpine / italian Braulio from a town on the alps on the border with switzerland .
brings back memories of long ago and it tastes like a good medicine that probably many hate.


I go there just to check my email as there are not many hotspots here and cappuccino or coffee after 5 makes me feel too speedy.

there is a youthful 40 year old girl that talks about this beach in tuscany that looks like polynesia - the sand is white as talcum and the water looks pristine.

there is a bicarbonate factory in the town that dumps in the sea and after years the brown sand turned white.
bicarbonate is not toxic and she tells me i should see it.

her husband looks a bit like mick jones/ mick harvey and says he wants to go home and fart as his wife is giving him a blow job.

they have 3 kids and he got vasectomy.
his wife Cristina is happy she says she can now have a better sex life and not worry about getting pregnant-
she says his semen after the operation feels and smells the same.

but in italy i find out vasectomy is an illegal method of contraception so the guy had to find a surgeon friend and lie that he needed it for some sort of infection.

Cristina says all her friends in Germany after 2 kids they all get vasectomy and she cant understand why in italy it's so much harder.

i find out her 2nd son has the same birthday as myself and she really gets curious.

---
cell phones in italy are way more evolved than in the US.

everyone here has fancier ones - UMTS / next generation.
if I call a friend that has the phone off or off signal range I get an automatic text message when they turn it on or come back within range.

i guess here cheating wives and cheating husbands cant really lie easily when their phone rings...
a bit stalkish - but i like it - you just ring someone and you dont need to leave a voicemail message.


i bought a sim-unlocked world phone with blue tooth -
so for 10 euros i can use it as a wireless modem fro my computer even if i am on some eurostar train or on some mountain vllage.

there are not many hotspots here but GPRS / GSM modems are way more common


--
i go and visit my old friend arianna - she just bought a nice 1 BR apt on the canals - cheaper than a studio in brooklyn.

---
i walk into an irish pub near my old place -
porta romana -
everyone is british inside -
drinking pints and watching Live on TV the english premier league soccer game.

---

there is a persistent fog in milan - it reminds me of all the years i lived here -

makes me happy new york more
sometimes when you get away you realize why everyone that moves there
cant leave.
tomorrow i am taking the train with my uncle go to his house near slovenia -
pine trees and white carsic rocks -
the wind blows often -

an isolated place at the crossroads of italy - eastern european and germanic cultures

No comments: