2006-12-02

pix - storage - GQ- dj olive - fog - wine

many photos all of them as a SLIDESHOW - click here

gallery here



took the train back to venice/milan from opicina -
the last italian train station before slovenia-
border police checks passports on the train.

my aunt [dad's brother wife] shared the trip with me

i haven't seen her for 8 years and i appreciate her earthy matter of
factly point of view on life -and our complicated family relations.

it was a slovenian train and there was the service guy with the food
cart - he spoke basically no italian and had funny spirited eyes

we drank wine and fruit juice.

back in milan i realized i lost my ipod on the train - fell off my pocket.

went to my younger brother place - where i am staying now.

he was on his way to a 2 week trip to india.

he told me to detach myself and let go of material things -
he said some good words that helped me not being pissed off.

i went to the park where i used to go as a child -
there used to be waterlilys and gold fish.

it was still beautiful
at 10 am there was a passed out bum on a bench - that drank 2 cartons of
wine.

an old friend just became editor of GQ - the italian version.
he likes my email journals and he thinks he would like to have a monthly
page of that for the mag.

the way they have meetings in milan is way different than in nyc -
it was good
and it seems likely i will have six pages on the february issue
and some nice euros in my bank account soon,

---
saw my old friend chiara -
she does promotion / publicity
and she says many miss my photos

she wants to get me jobs and fly me here -
now that i am free with a green card it feels god to come here make some
cash go back to nyc.

---
dj olive [gregor] is in milan - he is playing a gig with this guy harry
cane .

greg was doing some gigs in switz / france on his own and everyone else
got flown from nyc for this one gig

it is funny that i see him here while he is away from nyc from nov to march.

we go to la bettola di piero -
an old milanese restaurant - one of those pre gentrification that are
disappearing -

good hearty food -
great cheap cold cuts
i enjoy the food -
but the harrt cane people probably like something fancier.
i talked to chan m. she told me toremember to go to bar magenta and la
bettola di piero just beforre i left nyc...

---
greg and myself went to this old bar taht has teh best sandwiches of milan -
wild boar / deer / caviar etc

i had a glass of my favorite italian wine
Lagrein from Süd Tyrol
just 3 euros - in nyc the equiv would be 10 dollars.

well
i was pretty tired - tipsy
existentialist / fun talk - but i just wanted to lie in my bed.

---

had to go to this town monza 10 miles out of milan where my stuff is
stored -

on the bus there are 2 gypsy [roma] women
everyone hates them - exterminated by the nazis -
now are just nomadic people no one wants in their town.

they look perisan or afghany -
i love their skirt - but i know they are suspicious of non roma people.
---


went through old mementos
things to get rid throw away and just keep teh important stuff.

i see the photo of my mother - she died at 34 -
i leave it there safe but i take a photo of it for nyc.

i know i need to stop by the cemetery tomorrow bring some flowers -
after i went to the cemetary with my uncle to my grandparents i kind of
found some sense in it -
when i made no sense in it -

i only liked the cemetaries in scandinavia like in copenhagen where next
to the kerkegaard grave there was a mother with a stroller + a topless
girl sunbathing and some people having a picnic and drinking wine.

---

i go to a wine store i buy a bottle of barbera [1 liter] for 3 euros -
they have some nice lagrein - but i want to manage to buy a bottle only
with the coins in my pocket.

the wine store is from 1898 - one of the oldest in the city

they told me the shelves are the original ones from the 1930s

they are in perfect shape -
the same wood that they use to build sailboats.

---
i gotta run dj olive put me on the list
the world is small

No comments: