2007-05-12

back to NYC + a flashback

click here for related slideshow

back to brooklyn/nyc 12-05-2007 10:55




williamsburg - around the corner from where I live
there is a school.
camouflage makes you stand out in the urban landscape.

I see these kids sitting on the steps -
they look so young, they are joining the air force.
one looks just like a boy.
i ask him how old is he
“I am 15! how old do I look?“
he says.

----
I get a slice of spinach / fresh tomato pizza at the Mexican joint down the street.

the guy that works there has a black eye.
I ask him if he is ok - how it had happened.
I just saw him delivering a pie to my building and i held the door for him the day before.
he looked fine.

he is reticent - he says it was someone he knew.

then he adds - this guy wanted 300 dollars from the register and punched him.
“did you call the police?“ I ask him.

“No I don't like the police. I know that guy he has been to prison - I don't want him to get into too much trouble“.

---
subway shots -
going home after errands - getting ready for the European week long tour

No comments: