2007-05-04

cat power tour 2 - heidelberg


click here for link to the slideshow

Europe 2 NL - D


from eindhoven to heidelberg
night drive.

europe feels a lot smaller than the united states

drives between cities are usually 3 hours - sometimes 6.
you gotta wait to leave to not get too early to the destination

in heidelberg now
beautiful old german town - untouched by ww2 carpet bombings.
the first time I see in germany old cobblestones and old bricks.
churches that are not post war replicas.

everyone goes to sleep at the hotel
it is 10 30 am
I walk around -
I see dogs playing by the river.
I hike up one of the hills that surround the town
steep ascent - on Philosophensweg - the philosopher's way
it feels so peaceful and quiet.
an old man with crutches is walking up the hill - slowly but determined.

on top
I find myself in a forest -
just trees - breeze - birds.

the vegetation is different than the east coast of the USA.
I don't know how -
but it feels familiar. I have been in woods like this many times before.

I feel up here I need no computer - no mobile phone.
but I take my cell out of my pocket to look at the time.
I walk down and bump into the venue.
walk back to the hotel-
a couple is getting married.
I hear people speaking italian - german - english - korean.

No comments: