2007-05-04

Cat Power Tour: London - Brussels -Eindhoven

click here to go directly to the slideshow



JFK to Heathrow

Took a Virgin Atlantic flight.
2 hours stuck on the tarmac - 3 lines of planes waiting to take off.
the person sitting next to me says with a smile "I hope we don't crash - it is always dangerous when planes take off one just after the other".
there is a baby crying. she says it is so hard to travel with babies. she gives a sleeping pill to her 3 and 5 years old when they travel.
European airlines give you unlimited beer and wine for free, and I don't ever need to say "no ice please" when I ask for water or tomato juice.
no ice by default!

London

haven't been there in so long.
I never really liked it back in the day -
I never felt a connection.
This time I see diversity and beauty.
in Kentish Town at the forum.
I run into people I know from new york.
Stuart touring with his bad Childballads -]
Wendy James that used to be in this band Transvision Vamp.

I take a walk to Camden Town to see how it has changed since I last was tehre maybe 15 years before.

A beautiful dog on some guys shoulders.
an Icelandic Sheperd.
A junkie couple owns it.
sucha beautiful fiery dog.

the girl praises his fur -
and his testicles so soft.
I videotape a bit
they thank me for the attention.

Camden town gentrified - many banks
I see the same restaurant I went to the last time I was there
---

Brussels
looks like France -
feels familiar. I have been in Belgium on a school trip when I was 15.
I can't remember much.
but it feels like Europe -
it feels familiar where I come from.
the buildings the cars.
I imagine myself living in a place like this - but it is only the memories.
not the present.

---
Eindhoven
feels like a small town.
everything looks new -
everyone is riding a bike.
heavy frames with fenders.
they don't seem to ride in a hardcore way as in London.

I don't see much.
we have to drive to Germany at 3 am

at the club café I feel bored.
I order a Leffe dark on draft -
2.5 euros
it tastes amazing.
beer that tastes fancy as a great wine.

No comments: